Pages

About Me

My photo
-a Registered Nurse whose mission is to spread LUPUS AWARENESS.

Thursday 26 June 2014

Lupus and Ovarian Cyst

Hi there my dear lupies! :)))) Been through the darkness of life these past few days... Another challenge. Another test of faith. 

Last week, I texted my doctor about the pain in my right pelvis, lower back, and can feel inguinal pain too. I also noticed that there is swelling or bulge on my anterior abdominal wall. I complained this pain when I was in  third year college. My doctor suspected hernia so he referred me to a surgeon. But the surgeon ruled out hernia and said it was peripheral neuropathy and ordered me to take vitamin B. 

On second week of June 2014, I felt severe pain.. severe pain.. severe pain. Same part. But the pain was really severe and I can also feel pain on other parts of my body.  So I texted my doctor. Again, he asked me to consult to a surgeon for he is again suspecting a hernia. Again, the hernia was ruled out. The surgeon ordered CT scan to confirm his diagnosis of Abdominal Wall Mass t/c Fibroma.




It was my first time to experience this. In fact, I enjoyed the procedure itself except for the contrast that was inserted thru IV and rectal which made me uncomfortable before the procedure. Luckily, my friend Gade assisted me so I'm not that anxious throughout the procedure.

The next day... I got the result.. and findings showed that it may be ovarian cyst. So for now, we're only doing "watchful waiting". Will monitor myself for 6 months then will have ultrasound to know if there are changes in the cyst. For now, we're praying that it is only a functional harmless cyst and not a pathological one. 

Yes, I've been through the darkness of life but I realized that life is filled with more light than darkness. I want to thank my family especially my Mom, aunties, uncles, cousins, J's family and of course J, and my friends who never fail to remind me not to give up and letting me feel that I am loved. 

At the age of 23, I knew what it feels like to have Systemic Lupus Erythematosus. This diagnosis is only one of the thousands illnesses I may have. For in SLE, we must accept the fact that we are vulnerable to different illnesses BUT you must also accept that belief in recovery and living a positive life can lead to healthy and happy living. So, it doesn't mean that you have SLE, you will just lose hope. There will be always light. 

Just believe.

Btw, I can endure all the pain brought by SLE but not the feeling of seeing my family unhappy because of my condition.. so for them, I will smile, I will stay strong, I will be brave. I will never give up.

No comments:

Post a Comment