Pages

About Me

My photo
-a Registered Nurse whose mission is to spread LUPUS AWARENESS.

Tuesday 10 April 2012

Growing Faith


Yeyyyyy!! Done reading the book of Mitch Albom – Have A Little Faith. I’ve bought this book last year but read it this April 2012. Haha! Busy much! I can say that Mr. Albom for the nth time touched my heart. These past few months, I felt that I have lost faith, but this book gave me a powerful lesson – a lesson that allowed me to find my faith again. This is really a highly recommended book to everyone! Also, do not forget to read his other books – Tuesdays with Morrie, The Five People You Meet in Heaven and For One More Day.

Just want to share few of my favorite wordsssss from the book.

“Faith is about doing. You are how you act, not just how you believe.”

“That’s what faith is. If they spit in your face, you say it must be raining. But you still come back tomorrow.”
“When you come to the end, that’s where God begins.”

“I’m not as good as I was yesterday, but I’m better than I’m gonna be tomorrow.”

“Never gonna let life’s troubles get you down.”

“Being part of something big while doing something small.”

“Nothing haunts like the things we don’t say.” (Saying Sorry)

“It does no good to be angry or carry grudges. It churns you up inside. It does you more harm than the object of your anger.”

“If two people are communicating well, they have good chance. If they have similar belief system, similar values, they have good chance. Love they should always have but love changes. Love –the infatuation kind- he’s so handsome, she’s so beautiful – that can shrivel. As soon as something goes wrong, that kind of love can fly out of window. True love can enrich itself. It gets tested and grows stronger.”

“I think people expect too much from marriage today. They expect perfection. Every moment should be bliss. That’s TV or movies.. but that is not the human experience. The trick is when things aren’t so great, you don’t junk the whole thing. It’s okay to have an argument. It’s okay that the other nudges you a little, bothers you a little. It’s part of being close to someone. It is a blessing the joy you can get from the other. People forget that. Because the word commitment has lost its meaning. A committed person was someone to be admired. He was loyal and steady. Now a commitment is something you avoid. You don’t want to tie yourself down.
Mitch: And if you don’t commit?
Reb: Your choice. But you miss what’s on the other side.
Mitch: What’s on the other side?
Reb: Ah.. A happiness you cannot find alone.”

“It’s the blending of the different notes that makes the music.. music of believing in something bigger than yourself.”

“You knew me.. you knew that person but you don’t know the person that I’m trying to become.”

“You are not your past.”

“When you give, you get.”

“So many people are in pain – no matter how smart or accomplished – they cry, they yearn, they hurt. But instead of looking down on things, they look up, which is where I should have been looking, too. Because when the world quiets to the sound of your own breathing, we all want the same things: comfort, love and a peaceful heart.

“You’re a man of God too.. Everyone is.”

“We, who are born, are born to die.”

“Why he thinks he became a rabbi?
1.   -    Liked people
2.    -   Loved gentleness
3.     -  Have patience
4.      - Loved teaching
5.       -Determined in faith
6.       -Connects to the past
7.       -To live good, to do good, and to be blessed
Mitch: I didn’t hear God in there.
Reb: (smiles) God was there before number one.”

“With a little faith, people can fix things and they truly can change.”

“I am in love with hope.”

Very nice book. Hopefully, I’ll be given a chance to meet Mr. Albom soooooon! J

No comments:

Post a Comment