Pages

About Me

My photo
-a Registered Nurse whose mission is to spread LUPUS AWARENESS.

Thursday 29 September 2011

Know Thy Rights

 Since I am a member of the Lupus Foundation here in the Philippines, I am updated with the current news and studies about SLE. I found out people with disability due to chronic illness - a disease that is long-lasting or recurrent like lupus / SLE or rheumatoid arthritis - can now avail of benefits such as discounts for products and services that they need, inclusive of transportation, medical services and products, and basic commodities. This was realized by Republic Act 9442 amended RA 7277 -- the country’s Magna Carta for Disabled Persons.

So, I research for related articles and for the requirements needed. On the first week of September, I decided to go to DSWD office in our municipal hall. I thought it would be difficult for me to get an application form but I was wrong. Ma'am Pineda gave me one then asked me to present a clinical abstract from my doctor and to bring 1x1 pictures. I didn't waste my time and prepared the needed documents. Last September 26, 2011, I got my Person with Disability ID wherein I can get discounts for products and other services. 
Visit http://www.ncda.gov.ph/ for more detailed information about this law. Know your rights. 

No comments:

Post a Comment