Pages

About Me

My photo
-a Registered Nurse whose mission is to spread LUPUS AWARENESS.

Saturday 3 September 2011

REACTION FORMATION


            Last August 31, 2009, I was diagnosed with SLE (Systemic Lupus Erythematosus). It was confirmed because of the dsDNA test which was performed on August 29, 2009. The reference range of the test should be at 10-15 IU/L and my result showed 53.2 which leads to a positive result.

“You have it. It’s not curable but treatable”, said my doctor. And my reaction?? I just smile and laugh. But when I arrived at home, I got depressed. Good thing, my Mom is always here supporting me, friends who would always remind me that I should drink my medications religiously and bring my umbrella because when you have SLE you are not allowed to be exposed in sunlight.

I can say that I’m in good condition now though sometimes the symptoms would appear. Yes, I know that it’s not curable but that doesn’t mean that I will give up. These days make me stronger and made me realize that I’ve got to fight for every dream. To be strong in the middle of this lupus battle is the greatest gift I can give to the ones who love and support me. 
Spend each day with a smile. My mother once said that, “Just think that those medications are just your favorite candies, I love you!” 

To all SLE patients, someday there will be a cure for this. Never never give up. Remember that we are stronger than Lupus. J


No comments:

Post a Comment